What to Do While You're Off Your Feet

15:03


A long time ago, I read an amazing story about a photographer. Sadly, I don't remember all the details of the story, or even who the photographer was. But I'd like to share with you what I do remember.

The photographer was ill. She spent most of her days in bed. After a while, she started to get bored, but no hobby which she could do in bed sparked her interest.


Then one day, someone suggested that she take up photography. At first, she thought this was a stupid idea. What could she photograph from her bed?


But eventually, she did pick up her camera. She looked around her room and snapped a few photos. Then she took a few more photos.


Before she knew it, photography was her favourite hobby. Every day while she lay in bed she took photos.


At first, she was worried that she'd run out of things to photograph. But as she took more photos, she started to get more and more creative with her shots. She never did run out of inspiration because she kept finding new ways to look at the world around her.


Last week while I was off my feet due to a sprained ankle, I remembered this story and it inspired me. I decided to challenge myself. My challenge was to take one hundred photos without leaving the sofa I was sitting on.


The photos in this post are the photos I took. I don't know if they're very interesting, but this challenge has taught me a lot. I've learnt that anything makes a beautiful photo, you just have to photograph it right.

Have you done any photography challenges? Are there any I should attempt?

You Might Also Like

0 Comments