Where Will the Future Take Us

17:02


I’ve been thinking about my blog. Perhaps I need to make some changes.

"I write about everything and anything on my blog," I told Mum one night. "The Techno Maid needs a focus. It needs to have its own niche."

Mum nodded. "What about photography?" she suggested. "You could turn The Techno Maid into a photography blog. You already post a lot of photos. You could write more stories to go with them.”

I thought about this. It sounded like a good idea. Over the next couple of days, I mulled the idea over in the back of my mind. The more I thought about it, the better the idea sounded. The Techno Maid could become a photography blog.

After I’d made that decision, ideas about what (photography related) topics I could write about, started pouring into my brain. I scribbled them all down in a battered notebook so that I can remember them.

Here are some of my favourite ideas:

  • I could start a top link series. I would share links to my favourite posts/articles on different areas of photography (like lighting or Photoshop or cameras)
  • I might start filming short videos of my life and sharing them here. (I’d like to make videos similar to this video of my mum's.)
  • I will keep sharing the photos I take and writing about my life
  • I could start another series about what I’ve learnt from the different photographers I admire
  • I might make more Photoshop and Lightroom tutorials

These are just a few ideas I've had. What do you think of them? And what do you think about me turning The Techno Maid into a photography blog? I'm excited about this change and I hope you are too!

You Might Also Like

2 Comments

  1. It's a great idea! I have trouble having a particular focus on my blog too - I write most about what I'm interested in at the time, so it's been quite choppy over the years.
    What about your other interests though, I wonder if you would miss having the freedom to write about anything if you restricted your blog to just one topic? Food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll miss the other topics for the moment at least. I've been planning a lot of new topics to write about. I think they'll keep me busy for a long time. I hope so at any rate!

      Delete